1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help me with all my questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by and1balla, Jan 10, 2005.

1. and1balla

and1balla Guest

1.what kind of cable do you need to transfer evox into the xbox
    2.do dvd-r work on modded xboxes when you burn a game on them
    3.is there a special way to burn xbox games or can i just burn the image

thank you for the anwsers

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

1. Um, you can't necessarily "transfer" evox to your xbox because you can't ftp without a dashboard.

So you need to either burn an Evox xISO and load it from there, or softmod it and have evox installed with a new bios and game patcher (so you won't have to patch games manually :))

2. DVD-R does work on some modded consoles. Again, it depends. Each Xbox is it's own beast.

3. Well, you basically just burn the xISO. MAKE SURE it's an [bold]xISO[/b] though, and not just a regular ISO.

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

a crossover cable or a cat5 cable if you have a router or a hub.
    Xenium mod chip and I believe, other 4th generation mod chips have FTP capability without using a dashboard.
    Yep, If burned correctly,I haven't seen an xbox that won't play a dvd-r disc.There are games that I've had that wouldn't play when burnt to disc but I believe that it wasn't because of the media .When I have 50 others that play fine from the exact same type of discs and 1 doesn't, It isn't the disc.
    Usually If I extract it to the Hdd it plays for some unknown reason.If a game is small enough to fit on a cd-r they will usually play fine also.
    you have to use the "burn from image" option in the burning software you use.Most any dvd burning software will work if it has this option.