1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS QUIK QUESTION ON UNLEASH X

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chahal4, Jan 2, 2005.

1. chahal4

chahal4 Member

I have unleashX and the instructions on the net are to ftp over the config.xml and default.xbe and "try them" before keeping them. So does this mean that when i turn my xbox off, and then turn it on again these files will be gone and itll go back to my normal dash and everything?

2. bearcreek

bearcreek Member

If you have the files ftped to the xbox, then just select the default.xbe, this will launch the dashboard. You will need a file explorer to do this, though.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  3. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Once the files are on your HDD you will have to delete them yourself to remove them. Turning the Xbox off and back on will not delete them. As far as which dash boots up when you turn on the Xbox is all according to how you have it set up. Are you using a chip or softmod? When you boot from a hacked bios the bios is usually set up to look for Evoxdash.xbe or Default.xbe (there's a few dash .xbe's it will look for) and will boot that dash. When you boot the Retail bios it will boot the the Retail Dash. You can also boot to the M$ Dash from within the Default dash also.