1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help !

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tactix, Oct 27, 2004.

1. tactix

tactix Member

i just download a movie and it came in a whole bunch of files (IE) .VOB,.IFO,.BUP ... some of them are over a gig .. can someone help me out .. to get them to burn them .. i know i have to compress them somehow .. maybe someone can tell me a program or the steps i have to take .. thx

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi tactix, welcome to aD,

First put all your files in a VIDEO_TS folder then try using DVD Shrink, Open files - then burn with DVD Decrypter setting in "Backup".

Enjoy,

Pete

3. bmkarnes

bmkarnes Member

OK first how large are all of the files put together, most dvd downloads on P2P networks are already compressed to fit on a 4.7 DVD. If you have Nero and use the create a DVD Video and place all of the files in the Video TS file it should tell you if it will fit a disk or not. If it is to large just name a folder video TS and download dvdshrink to compress it to fit. And burn baby burn :). As always If shrink works well for you don't forget to donate!! It helps improve the software for us ALL!!

4. tactix

tactix Member

Hmm i seem to have gotten an error :
    Required file "VTS_01_5.VOB" is not present
    and DVD-Video files reallocation failed ..

anything i am missing i am useing nero to burn ..

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Huuuummm, a slight correction, First, DVD Shrink can't burn. Second, there's never been nor will there ever be a place to "Donate" for DVD Shrink. Mr. DVD Shrink doesn't accept monies in any manner. Third, Mr. DVD Shrink has told everyone that this will be the "Last" DVD Shrink. He has of course said that before but barring "Bug" adjustments, he probably won't be doing anything for the immediate future, money or not-

tactix,

Missing files are extremely common in the P2P world, If progress is blocked, download it again -

It couldn't hurt to try it my way, many times DVD Shrink is easier to work through -

Cheers,

Pete

6. bmkarnes

bmkarnes Member

Thank You ScubaPete for the correction I was thinking of decrypter. I was saying to use Nero for burning. But then again if you have Nero Shrink will use it to burn. But no disrespect.
    Now for the error prob, Looks like who ever created the file you downloaded left you hanging with the last file. That file is NORMALLY the last file. Sometimes that's what you get when you download full DVD’s happened to me before too. All I can think of sorry :((

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No worries there bmkarnes, many free proggys do rely on "Donations" and pple should be compensated for their efforts, it's what I feel -

As far as the "New" DVD Shrink, you have 3 default burning proggys. Me, I used to use Nero all the time BUT with the "New" guy, I like DVD Decrypter because it's good and it's FREE and I love CopyToDvD because it's faster than a greased pig at a 4th of July Pig Roast - PLUS I can set it to do multiple burns, just as fast as I can feed it discs :)

Cheers, and Keep up the good posting, you're doing well :)

Pete