1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz plz plz help me ppl

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lee12354, Jun 19, 2007.

1. lee12354

lee12354 Member

i was thinking about doing the new firmware update on my psp so i was in the middle of doing it and then i diceded not to i tried 2 turn my psp off and it wouldent so i took the battery out and put it bak in and rebooted the psp and now it wont cum on and i think its bricked so people i am only 12 so i dont know what 2 do is there any way of fixing it???

2. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

does anything happen when you turn it on ,you might have to hope you get lucky . ?.if it does do a complete power off even take the battery out .flick the on/off switch hold r trigger to see what happens .pm if you wish .what firmware was it to start with might be a help to more seniors with knowledge
    would even put the charger in ,it is a start! .does not look good for you

3. lee12354

lee12354 Member

wen i turn it on da green lite cums on 2 show u da its on n jus a black screen not even it up jus like it woz wen turned off

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

O MY GOD!!! EVERYBODY knows when u upgrade a psp, u cant go back. if, halfway through the update, u decide "duh, i dunt tink i vant to do dis" and interrupt the updating process, it is a BRICK!!! NO WAY AROUND IT!!!! sorry to sound rude, but if a firmware only gets half written, it is corrupted, and like all corrupt files, it is useless, just like up psp is now. on the updating screen, it even says DO NOT TURN THE POWER OFF OR REMOVE THE AC ADAPTER!!!!! ur psp is now as useful and entertaining as a brick with green insides.

here are ur options:
    1. new psp
    2. modchip
    3. tell sony they are at fault, and try to score a free psp.
    thats it.

5. lee12354

lee12354 Member

wot a modchip am ony 12 uno n how do i et a new psp frm sony plz reply

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

a modchip is something that can recover from a brick, and, depending on what one u get, it can even let u run 2 firmwares at once (Undiluted Platinum) im only 13 anyway, so i dont see why thats a very good excuse (sry again for rudeness)
    to try to get a free one from sony, go to www.sony.com and click playstation, then psp. then, at the bottom, theres a link to Contact Us, which u place ur complaint and email addy, where a computer named richard (i think) will send u sony's phone number. from there, u call them and (u will need ur warranty for this, make sure its still valid) and complain to them.

7. lee12354

lee12354 Member

what should i go for a new psp or modchip n lol am a rookie wen it cums 2 things like dis

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

he just told you to contact Sony and tell them what happened so you can get your PSP fixed. Maybe you should have your Mom do it for you?

9. lee12354

lee12354 Member

norr!!!!!!! cz da takes 2 long so am gna try n take it bak n if da dosent work am gerin a modchip

10. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

got these are getting even younger lol... hope ya no how to fit it... do ya live in the Uk or Usa etc look on google for websites that you can send your psp to and they will fit it for a bit more cash... but ya better get your mum or dad to pay for it

11. lee12354

lee12354 Member

lol a was thinkin abawt givin ma cuz ma oso screen n gerin a pre modded chrome psp lol

12. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

ya cud get that but i suppose its easier than sending it off anyway chromes better good luck

13. lee12354

lee12354 Member

lol change ov plan ma mam on da fwn 2 sony now lmao

14. lee12354

lee12354 Member

am luky as der deliverin a new 1 2 ma door lmao

15. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

what for free and are u send ur old one to them

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@lee12354- did that solve your problem??

in the future you should use proper grammar and correct spelling if you want other people to be able to help and take you seriously....otherwise you come off sounding ignorant.

17. lee12354

lee12354 Member

mukky years ye am givin ma old 1 2 dem n gerin a brand new 1 lol n is there a downgrader 4 the official 3.50 firmware ??? n dezz_nutz ye it did ansa my question but sum 1 plz ansa my question

18. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

there is not a downgrader for 3.50 firmware-and even if there was one, you would just end up messing up your PSP again anyways.....
    for 3.50 FW-you would need a modchip playa....

19. morguex

morguex Guest

Damm, I have no idea what they are teaching kids in school these days,
    but it is not spelling thats for sure.

Anyway, call sony and tell them you were doing a firmware update and that your psp just turned off on it's own and now it won't work anymore.
    Good Luck

Peace all

20. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Dude, I got my PSP when i turned 11! It's not that hard to read the text that says "DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PSP SYSTEM". I mean, It's pretty much common sense...
    Anyways the only way you can fix it is to buy a modchip. You can also buy a new one though. Or tell the store people it never turned on=)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007