1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plz straighten me out on RITEK

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by PennRon, Aug 17, 2004.

1. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

I have purchased Ritek -R's GO4's white inkjets from Meritline that work flawlessly. I now want to get them from Newegg because they are cheaper, come faster and newegg rocks. Never had a proble with newegg and all their products are new and fresh.

The problem is that Newegg only has the white injet Riteks in the +r format. My question is are these Riteks GO4's? Even Meritline does not mention that their Ritek +r's are GO4's. The newegg site shows them in a red shrink wrap while the meritline site shows them in a plain cakebox. Does anyone know if these are GO4's? Regards...

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

What speed are the discs?
    It is my understanding that the
    1x and 2x speed Riteks are G03
    4X speed are G04
    And 8x speed are G05's

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

The Ritek +R will invariably ID as RICOHJPNR01 which is good stuff.

I've burned my fair share of these red shrinkwrapped Riteks from newegg with nary a problem :)

4. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

Thank you Nephilim. Its just so confusing with all the different branded Riteks. Its like going to Home depot for a screw. There's so many choices. These are 4x discs. Can't see why Ritek brands the -r's as GO4's which everyone seems to really like on the forum and the +r's are branded the name that Nephilim wrote.

Well if Nephilim hasn't had nary a problem and as I said Newegg rocks then thats good enough for me. My order goes in tonight! Regards...

5. Nephilim

Never thought of going there :p

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

new egg rocks, meritline is too slow, or maybe its ups thats slow, all i know is that with fedex and newegg its alot faster, another advantage is that new egg is alot more cheaper!!!

7. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Jdilla:

Yes you are so right. Newegg is one of the best etailers on the net. Yes, Meritline specializes in blank media so you have more choices, but with Newegg the discs are here in 3 days (2 if u live closer to CA) and they are much cheaper. So if Newegg carries your product its a no brainer. Regards

8. Nephilim

Hi,

http://www.rima.com/ is another good one. I just got an order from them in two days. They're based in City of Industry like newegg so the transit to Phoenix is mighty quick :)

9. terryzys

terryzys Guest

I think Meritline.com is better than Newegg.com.

It's a professional web site for DVD Media.

:)

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Nephilim,
    I took a look at that Rima website that you provided, and the ritek's are too expensive. newegg has better prices. one thing i noticed about newegg is that their prices are constantly going up and down, up and down.. one time i was able to buy a 50 of ritekridata 4x dvd-r for $21 dollars, and than a couple of weeks later it had gone up to like $26.99..another example was this week.. i was thinking about buying ridata dvd+r 100pack, because they had it real cheap for $41 dollars.. but that was on monday, and than thru out the week, the price kept going up and up untill it reached $45.99 plus 99cents for shipping.. i spended $46.99 for a 100pack. thats still cheap to me.. but the moral of the story is that when newegg has a good deal, go for it, because it can change withing hours!PennRon, you are a smart man you shopwise.
    terryzys, i used to buy at meritline, but their prices never go down.. and one time i order a 50pack of ridata's dvd-r from them and a couple of discs had like little dark stains on the purple side.. it was weird, even doe they still worked.. but the price is what drew me into newegg.. newegg ROcKS!

11. Nephilim

Hi,

At the time I ordered my 100 RiDATAs it was $3 difference and rima had the Taiyo Yuden CDR's I wanted, newegg didn't.

I built my last two computers and have bought countless peripherals through newegg over the years so I definitely qualify as a fan but I also like having options, of which rima is a great one with proven service and a better selection of media :)

12. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Nephilim:
    hey we have something in common. I was also building computers (A+ tech) and have bgt countless parts from Newegg over the years. As you know their parts are very up-to-date (if you bgt a HD today the date on it would be no later than a June '04 date) etc. In addition they have multiple pics of exactly what you will receive in the box. Plus their return policy is excellent.

The reason I started this thread was because Newegg had the Ritek +r's at a much cheaper price than Meritline with S/H included and faster service. I just wanted to know if they were GO4's and that question has been answered.

While you mention Rima others have also as a good source. So if I need to change brands of media etc and Newegg doesnt have what I want I will definitely try them. Competition is what drives the marketplace. Thanks everyone for all your input...Regards...

13. HaiTac

HaiTac Member

14. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

I did check them and they are all more expensive than newegg. Did you do your homework before posting?

15. Nephilim

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

16. HaiTac

HaiTac Member

What? I dont even see DVD-R @ newegg

17. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

18. HaiTac

HaiTac Member

?

this is +R

what about -r ?

19. Nephilim

20. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!