1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PM'ing AD Moderators

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Weycraze, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Weycraze

    Weycraze Regular member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2004
    Messages:
    414
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    After the bullshit Neph just went thru. People shouldn't even be allowed to PM a moderator.

    Everything should be able to be answered in the forums.

    I have yet the need to PM a Mod, and can't see ever having one.

    Why PM on person for help, when you can pm a whole community of users for help?

    Greetings,

    the Weycraze
     
  2. venomX05

    venomX05 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Messages:
    1,026
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Definately agree with that one...if you can't stand on your own two feet and explain your actions or just accept what people tell you, then there would be no reason why someone would have to PM a MOD. That is why there is an "OFFENSIVE POST" link.

    Funny...guess people miss that.

    ;)
     
  3. geestar20

    geestar20 Active member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2004
    Messages:
    2,995
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    Why not? one user might have an issue with another user that a mod might not catch. So why not PM a mod.

    Some issues might be more touchy or you just need help from a certain friend that you know.

    newbies and junior members don't get that option (as I recall)
     
  4. Weycraze

    Weycraze Regular member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2004
    Messages:
    414
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Thanks, geestar20

    Those are very good points.

    It just pisses me off to see people harassed out of sheer stupidity or giant egos.

    It would be nice to beleive we are all here to help each other, and for the most part, that is the majority of what I see.

    Really, what's the point of heckling someone from a pc, that really helps the situation.

    Some people really need to grow-up.

    Greetings,

    Weycraze
     
  5. andmerr

    andmerr Guest

    Well thats good to say we have an offensive post button but how many people actually use it.Look at the rules you have a hell of a lot of people posting that dont read the rules .

    @ Weycraze:
    You want to spoil all our fun, neph expects people to abuse him , he gets off on it!!!! (lol)
     
  6. venomX05

    venomX05 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Messages:
    1,026
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    EEEWWWW!!!!

    Well...if that makes him happy! :p

    LMAO!!!

     
  7. ScubaBud

    ScubaBud Regular member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2004
    Messages:
    2,305
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    What happened to Neph, what bull, what thread?
     
  8. venomX05

    venomX05 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Messages:
    1,026
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
  9. Nephilim

    Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Messages:
    14,942
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    116
    Although it can be a double edged sword the ability to pm a mod is an essential one. 99% of the pms I get are legitimate and the other 1% are actually pretty entertaining. I was just in a bit of a mood yesterday and had to vent a little which ended up being fun for everyone :)

    The offensive post feature is only available to Members and above so for Newbies and Junior Members pm's are the only way they can get issues resolved.
     
  10. venomX05

    venomX05 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Messages:
    1,026
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Thanks Neph and geestar20, I didn't know that, but will remember it for future reference!

    ;)
     

Share This Page