1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pnp key installation.... going to hell.. HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GOD, May 22, 2003.

1. GOD

GOD Guest

ok i have my ps2 all taken apart.... and i have the recet ribbon cable unhooked and hooked to the modchip... but i cant figure out where to put the red/black wire on the ps2 i am installing on a v5 ps2 and following this directions..:

. Turn the PS2 upside down so that the bottom is facing up. Make sure that nothing falls out while you do this. Carefully remove the bottom cover and find the RESET ribbon cable and the red/black, yellow, and white wires as shown here:

2. Get a pair of tweezers and carefully unplug the RESET ribbon cable and the red/black wire from the main board and plug them into the PnP Chip. Be careful with the removal of the ribbon, it can be damaged easily.

3. Once you have done that, plug the red/black wire attached to the PnP Chip into the mainboard where the wires you took out in the previous step once were.

4. Now insert the PnP Chip into the mainboard slot from which you initially unplugged the RESET button ribbon.

5. Double check everything and make sure everything is in the right place. Once you've done that reassemble the PS2 unit and power up.

The modchip dosent seem like it has a place t =o put the red/black wires... so im screwed here HELP!

2. GOD

GOD Guest

Please someone help! my ps2 is taken apart right now and im afraid im going to mess something up!