1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PnP Key, Magic Swap, V5, DRU500A Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xavier434, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Xavier434

Xavier434 Member

Hi, I am having problems playing backups of DVD games.

Here are my specs:

PnP Key no solder mod chip

V5 PS2

Using Sony DRU500A DVD Burner

Ritek DVD-R Blank Media

Using Swap Magic boot disk

Nero Burning Rom

Basically, I have been trying to play a back up of FF X. I boot the PS2 with the Swap Disk and then I hold down the eject button until the reset button turns orange and the cd tray opens. I replace the swap disk with my back up FF X. I press X and the outer edges of the screen turn red.

I know that that means that I made a bad burn. I tried burning the game at 2x with Nero using the instructions in the sticky thread at the top of this forum section, and according to nero, the disk burned fine.

What is wrong? Is it the blank media? Do people have better luck with DVD+R? Or does that even matter?

I have read quite a few threads and all the information has been useful, but no one seems to have run into this problem specifically from what I have read thus far. I will continue to read on as well as hope for a reply. I will also reply to my own thread if it gets fixed in the mean time.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I would especially like to hear from people who have the same or a similar setup as I do.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2003
  2. Xavier434

Xavier434 Member

Success!!!

I went through a couple coasters and then I decided to go out and buy some Verbatim DVD+R media. I was using Ritek DVD-R before and they just weren't making the cut.

Since I bought the Verbatims I have not had a single coaster yet.

So, for those of you who run into similar problems, try Verbatim out and see if things run more smoothly.

3. DarkerUK

DarkerUK Guest

Hi,

I'm using the same setup and have been unable to get my dvd-r games to play. I haven't tried the vertibam discs yet. However, if i boot with my original burnout dvd press eject and insert the copy the game plays perfectly on the copy.

Would any think this means my PnP Mod Chip is bust?

Cheers