1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pokemon pearl

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dragnandy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

im playing pokemon pearl right now and i have a question about the gameplay if anybody has played it before. for the day care thing in solaceon town, what happens if my Pokemon learns a new move while in the day care?

2. maytricks

maytricks Member

it'll overwrite an older move

i'm not sure if it overwrites a certain slot[1,2,3,4] only or if it's random, sorry ;x

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

thanks for the reply. but i have another question about the gameplay. does anybody know how to beat the contest thing? the beauty contest or something like that? i cant seem to beat it and it seems IMPOSSIBLE! i tried countless times. anybody give me any tips?

4. donxjuan

donxjuan Member

make poffins

i had a croagunk lv like 26 or sumthin and fed it 2 poffins for the class i wanted to win

i blew em away in normal rank i filled up the bar when they judge you

5. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

lol alright thanks. does this improve the visual one? the first one they judge you on?

6. donxjuan

donxjuan Member

yeah it does

plus when you choose which pokemon you want to compete, pay attention to all the moves and how they work out in the acting competition. if you dont have moves with bonuses then it makes everything a lil harder unless you can hit max voltage

7. matt1o1

matt1o1 Member

nomaly it gives you supid moves

8. fhtagn

fhtagn Member

in the context of breeding, the day care people don't seem to replace your pokemon's moves until you remove them from the day care. this is good to make sure your whole batch of eggs will have the egg moves that you want to breed into them, but still annoying otherwise.

this is good for the piece of mind for breeders. additionally, deleting excess moves before placing the pokemon in the daycare for breeding is another good way to avoid accidental replacement.

needless to say, the daycare is not the way to level up pokemon for your team as they could potentially replace egg moves, tms or other learnt moves in the process of a slow level up as compared to elite4, etc.

9. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

well thanks for your response. the part about deleting excess moves makes alot of sense and is a great idea. unfortunately i already beat the game =P. i think i might continue playing though. thanks again