1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

police scam virus totally blocked

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by tali1, Mar 13, 2014.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Running win 7 home edition and i have police scam virus blocking my laptop.On my desktop PC (win prof )i got rid of it easy by safe mode >sys restore, but on laptop i try all instructions and videos and it seems i am f*****
    I cannot get into cmd
    task manger only flashes up,likewise start menu/desktop - so i cannot use them either
    Bios i have tried running off cd/dvd drive and usb but process same as safe mode it goes into shutting down(but doesn't actually shut down) and then goes to windows start up and then the dreaded virus
    Running out of ideas as it seems this virus simply cannot be defeated.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lol..it would make an excellent xp boot screen or logon screen for xp or later

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

5. tali1

tali1 Regular member

tried hitman on 2 machines keep getting 5 lock error .Put it into infected machine to boot off usb - nope -went straight to windows.......but somehow virus has disappeared it seems .I honestly think it got sick to death of my repeated reboots and got worn out
    6 infections with malwarebyte scans and then i cleaned with combofix, roguekiller,awdcleaner
    Prior to this i was getting the java update (think one of my kids must have accidentally d/l it.Also chrome kept crashing -dunno if this was warning sign
    Any other scans i need to do ?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

have you tried the Kaspersky Rescue scan? I would try that next and then we may be able to get some logs from OTL or DDS to see what's left.

7. tali1

tali1 Regular member

at the moment it is fine -so havent tried that - but if it is 100% essential ...
    Did eset scanner later which found and cleaned the associated trojan
    i have opened guest account - been told this can give me access to pc of i get blocked on my account.

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Sounds like that may have got it all. If you have any more trouble you can always run the Kaspersky disc..
    Leaving the guest account turned on is not a good idea. It's too easy for malware to come through it for a backdoor to your computer and everyone I know says keep it turned off!