1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Audio with Nero Digital

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by larrymcg, Jan 21, 2007.

1. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

I recently got my first digital camera that also takes videos. It's a Panasonic that produces amazingly good videos in the QuickTime format. The camera records the audio in mono and it sounds OK.

If I use Nero Recode to convert to Nero Digital (mp4) files the sound gets very noisy. Lots of high frequency artifacts and background noise. I have tried letting Nero pick the audio settings and I have set them myself at various bit rates up to 320Kbps. They all sound bad although the higher rates are (not surprisingly) better then the lower rates.

Nero Recode also insists on producing a stereo audio track which is OK I guess but mono would be good enough for me since the source is mono.

I have played the mp4 files back with Nero Media Player, QuickTime and Windows Media Player 11. They all sound the same.

I'm wondering if that bad audio is typical or if I've just not found the right settings.

--Larry

Nero Digital is V 3.1.0.21 and came as part of a Memorex OEM package with my Memorex DVD burner.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I just converted one from my camera, an older Canon, and the sound seemed fairly good.

The captured sound was PCM, 1 channel, 11KHz.

I converted, using custom settings, of stereo (as you said, no choice), 16 kbit/s and 11025 Hz. You can only get the lower Hz if you choose a lower kbit/s setting. If this was stereo, I probably should have used 32 kbit/s and 22050 Hz (or maybe 11025). Standard volume on either one.