1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dayspring, Dec 24, 2004.

1. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Hi there,

I have been using Shrink and Decp for several weeks now and every backup is very good quality BUT I have copyied a movie same procedure as all the rest but It is very blochey (squares on the screen) etc. I did the movie twice to try and over come this with deep analysis and compressed ratio and max sharpness but still a little better, Is there some settings in decpt that can over ride and make it clean. I am using Verbitam DVD and burning 4X, the original is prestige condition

Regards
    Dayspring

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

How much compression is Shrink using?Have you tried movie only with Re-Author mode in Shrink this way you get the least amount of compression.It might just be a bad burn!

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

Your media is of good quality.
    Try using DVD decrypter to rip the movie and then use DVD Shrink in re-author mode to just grab the main title. Also reduce Shrinks disc size from 4464 to 4300, this stops burning closer to the outside of the disc where some problems occur.
    Your speed for burning should be ok at 4x.
    I hope this helps.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hello dayspring, When you watch those BLOTCHY screen backups, are you watching them in the pc(the drive that burned it) or on a stand alone player?.

What exact verbatim 4x are you using? digital movie,data life,data life plus? There is multiple manufacturers for the verbatim brand name.

Check out the code for them here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com

5. hugabone

hugabone Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  6. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Sorry I have not replyed earlier been out visting family,a couple of answers to your questions,

1)I had reduced the size to 4260,
    2)It's blochy in a stand alone machine,
    3)The verbitam is "data life plus"

now using decrypter to rip the movie first I am having trouble with. I have a dvd which is less then 4.3Gb and I copied it using Decrypter from my int.DVD to ext DVD and the copy skiped and froze using verbitam @4 speed can any one help here is there a tick I have to use to in the setup for decrypter.

Any help on these would be greatfuly recieved
    happy new year to all the staff and users of the AfterDawn site
    Dayspring

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try slowing down your burn speed to 2x.. Verbatim are pretty good depending on who made them.Different manufacturers between mcc,cmc,and ricohjpn.

Try burning at slowest speed that you can and no multi-tasking. Also wouldn't hurt to do a defrag on your hard drive. Dvd burning can put a heavy toll on hard drives.

Here is a proggy to check the code on those verbatims. http://dvdinfopro.com

See who made yours, check out http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    That site has not been updated for a while,but will get you close in the ball park.
    Later