1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor DVD Audio

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Maxican, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Maxican

Maxican Member

I was watching a burned dvd recently and noticed that the audio quality sounded pretty bad. I'm not sure how to describe it. It sort of sounds old and crackly. The weird thing is, I've watched the dvd before, on the same dvd player, and the audio was fine. So, I switched to another dvd (also burned) and it sounded poor as well. My next idea was to try the dvd on the computer to see if maybe I compressed it too much and the quality lowered as a result, but it sounded perfect when played on a computer.

Is this a dvd player problem, or a dvd problem, and how do I fix it?

2. Maxican

Maxican Member

To add a little more information, I tried one of the dvds on a different dvd player, and it sounded fine. But also, I tried a third burned dvd that I've played in the past, and it sounded fine.
    So I'm still pretty confused.

3. bumblef

bumblef Member

What software are you using? I had the same problem which led me to 'update' things and now I can't play DVD's at all. I'm using Nero Essentials 7 on XP Pro with Windows Media Player.