1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor quality video

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mendoza24, Feb 16, 2007.

1. mendoza24

mendoza24 Member

every time i copy a wwe dvd, i get poor quality picture. just wondering if you guys can give me some advice to get a better picture. i even changed the settings on my tv, a little better, but still bad picture.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I should probably know, but I don't.... What the heck is a wwe DVD?

3. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

World Wrestling Entertainment DVD's have alot of extra's on them so the
    compression is quite high compared to those of some movies
    so either burn to a dual layer disc so you lose no quality at all or you can split the dvd to 2 discs (Main feature on one and Bonus Features on another) cut out any comentary that you feel you don't want or need may help
    or you can use dvd rebuilder which will help with some quality issues

I personally use NERO RECODE to do all my movies and wrestling DVD's
    rip with DVD Fab Decrypter remove what I don't want with Vob Blanker (trailers ads etc) use Menushrink on the menus and menuedit to edit the menus to disable any features I'm not using
    It can be a long process but the dvd's come out better than just using DVD Shrink

Dvd Rebuilder is nice but it takes longer than doing all the other steps I take..

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

LOL, hello fasfrank, i think and this is a big guess he might be talking about World Wrestling Entertainment(WWE), formally known as the WWF.

@mendoza24,

R u using shrink? if so try this
    1. Uncheck all the audio and Subtitles u dont need(only need the AC3 5.1ch audio)

2. check the deep analysis in the Quality settings

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Bowler is right, be sure to check all the Quality settings.

If you really want quality get DVD Rebuilder and use the free Hank's encoder. It's free. There's a retail (donor) version available if you like the free version but want more options. For high compression I use DVD-RB Pro with CCE SP 2.70.2.12. Regular retail on that is a little high but CCE Basic is available for about $50.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@fasfrank

If you hadn't already asked, I would have. I assume they DO know it's FAKE. LMAO

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Wrestling fake? Next they'll be tellin me there's no tooth fairy, Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus.

8. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

Wrestling actually isn't fake. Wrestling story lines are pre determined or pre scriped like every other tv show. Too say wrestling is fake is like saying that Mick Foley (and many others all lied about their injuries). The story lines are fake but the wrestling isn't. Don't believe me try doing it for yourself for awhile.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You're absolutely right, but FAKE is FAKE. How much fun would Deal or no Deal be if the contestants know where the big money amounts are hidden. Or in my time when they gave the answers to the contestants on the $64,000 Questions. The questions were so hard that no normal person would ever come close to answering them legit.The make the million dollar questions on millionaire like the $1,000 ones. Nascar wouldn't be much fun if each week there was a predetermined winner.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Let me get this straight. I'm not the sharpest utensil in the drawer sometimes. It's not fake, but it is? I realize some of those guys are real athletes and they get hurt. Stunt men get killed doing movie stunts. The death is real, but the stunt was contrived to entertain the audience. When the choreography goes wrong wrestlers get hurt. Some of those guys have a mental problem. On an interview one wrestler admitted it was his goal to wow the audience by the amount of abuse he could take in the ring. If I remember right, that was Mick Foley, aka Mankind. Fake wrestling, but the damage was real. A sport is where the outcome isn't rigged. Supposedly ball games are a sport. The outcome of a wrestling match is preset, unless the winner falls and knocks himself out. So, the event is fake, but the hurt is real. Now I'm mixed up again, that would be it's fake, but it's not. ;) See... told you I wasn't on the cutting edge. LOL

Now if someone would just give me a clue on the Easter Bunny.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

He most real.I still put my basket out every year!

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sounds like a good plan. ;)