1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Resolution w/ High Quality Settings - why???

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by panic_jam, Jun 25, 2007.

1. panic_jam

panic_jam Member

Example:

I recently recorded a show on my COX Cable DVR and wanted a DVD version... so I found a DVDrip of the program and downloaded a sample clip to see if I could in fact burn it to a DVD (still learning the basics). The file was able to fit on a single DVD with all high quality settings and without the need for Nero Recode.

The resolution of the burned DVD is disappointing and much worse than the TV version recorded on my DVR.

I should also note that the TV version I have on DVR is just that... a basic cable TV version... no high definition or any other fancy enhancement involved.

So why does a burned DVD copy of a DVDrip have less resolution or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

P.S.
    I want to give a shout out to hobbit112 for helping me the other day... I finally got things to work and your feedback really helped. Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. killalot

killalot Active member

The DVD version will always only be as good as the source you say you found a DVD rip of the program what was the resolution of it etc was it divx
    On a single layer DVD-r you can put 120 mins of video something like that how long is the DVD rip if its 3 hours etc it’s been resized to fit on a single DVD that’s why the resolution is lower