1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor sound quality

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jlokey, Jan 28, 2003.

1. jlokey

jlokey Guest

i have the divx codec that i downloaded from the divx site. i've reinstalled the codec about five times. i get the same problem, the sound is there, but it's fuzzy. some videos are worse than others, but it's there on every one of them. i've tried different videos and the same videos on different computers. so now i'm thinking it must be my hardware. does anyone know of anything else it could be. the video works great and it stays in sync the whole time, just sounds like there's static in the background.

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Divx is a video codec, not audio. As well, if the problem is hardware related you would probably get the same sound playing CD's or MP3's. Hope that helps point you on the right path.

3. jlokey

jlokey Guest

i know that divx is a codec. i'm trying to play the video through the divx player becasue the video quality is better. if i play the same file through windows media it works but the video quality isn't as good.

4. jlokey

jlokey Guest

i know that divx is a codec. i'm trying to play the video through the divx player becasue the video quality is better. if i play the same file through windows media it works but the video quality isn't as good.

5. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

You misunderstand, DIVX is a VIDEO codec. It doesn't control the sound, that is controlled by audio codecs.