1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Sound Quality???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dand34567, Feb 23, 2005.

1. dand34567

dand34567 Member

I've copied a couple of dvd's and it seems as though the quality is a little poor. The background music in the chase scenes is louder at times than the people who are talking. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Sometimes the program that you use for burning makes a difference. Try experiment with different programs (e.g. Nero, Decrypter, DVDSanta) to see which gives you the best results for what kind of burn jobs.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What proggys and method are you using to back up your movies?
    I have noticed, but not all that bad that when I use Shrink and Decrypter the sound isn't as good as when I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. Not realy sure why that is but maybe the two together are just better at decoding the Audio? Do you reauthor your movies, and only select one sound format? If so which format do you use?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I just backed up Fast and Furious with Vin Diesel twice using first using AnyDVD and CloneDVD, then again with Decrypter and Shrink. I noticed only a small change in the sound with CloneDVD being a little better. I used only 5.1 sound, I do not have home theater so I have found that if movie has 2 channel it will play louder on my set. I have used Shrink, Decrypter, AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Xcopy and really have only found a small difference in sound between all of them.

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Personally, I suspect it's an integration issue between the burn program and the codecs. On my system, for example, if I use Nero to burn in a certain way, I get cracky sounds. But if I use Nero to burn the same job in a different way, then I get perfect sound. I also suspect that not all codec sources are the same. I use K-lite Codec Pack. Maybe people using other codec sources would experience different results.