1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Pop-Ups on T95N 95 Android Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Anthony Guidera, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Anthony Guidera

Anthony Guidera Newbie

Hi All
    I am newbie to website and need help with my android box.
    Recently my box is getting Pop-Ups while watching .
    The Pop-Ups are "TESCO OFFERS"= "+ DATE SITES" (I think these pop-ups are addons attached to Goggle Browser or Play Store)
    I have tried everything but nothing works.

Any help/advice appreciated

Kind regards & Thanks

Tony

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

are these adds in movies hd as i have them also and was told to use kodi as no adds in there.

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cacti mate your bang on , only use kodi for films , sports etc , I dumped all the other apps as in mobdro, showbox and the like there packed full of pop ups and advertising , don't know why guys are still using them as everything you need in in kodi and way better quality ........

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

It does not bother me as i click on the X to close them.

5. piopat

piopat Active member

if these pop ups are there while viewing content on regular android apps and if there are a lot of them well then maybe best to uninstall those android apps .

i use one or two apps that have the odd advert , but its maybe 2 and thats it , i think that is a very small price to pay for all the free viewing . however if you have any apps that have many many adds popping up well as i say for me thats not normal and i would get rid of them .

also did you recently install anything ? . if your box was fine and you installed an app and your box now seems infected with these pop ups well the least you should do is uninstall what ever you installed .

i would never use the box for surfing the net , use a computer with anti virus .

if your box has some how gotten something installed in it causing these pop ups simply uninstalling what you installed may not suffice , in which case a factory reset could be the next step . that will return your box to its condition when new , with the basic android apps and no kodi , so naturally then kodi would have to be re installed .

ive not seen pop ups from playstore , i mean any android app can have a few adverts but ive never seen many pop ups on playstore . i do know a guy that installed mobdro and his box started getting lots of pop up ads . now dont get me wrong im not saying anything about mobdro app . i know plenty who have mobdro and who dont have pop ups so all i can think is that someone may have taken mobdro , modified it (added a malware file to it ) and then re uploaded it to the net . but this just goes to show that where ever possible using trusted sites is best , mobdro has its own site so the app can be got there .

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

my box is new and it was in mobdro i see the ads,when choosing a film and just before it starts my ad pop ups start and have to close it before film will play.i wondered if something like adblock plus could be used?

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cacti you Should not have to use apps outside of kodi for films bud , all the best quality films are within kodi , ie specto fork , genesis, salts , icefilms all top quality and no adds , if you have these addons you will have a way better selection to choose from ? Mobdro show box are a waste of space on your box ........

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

I dont mind a waste of space as its a big box and still struggling with the amount of content it has and names that i never heard of.luckily not found any pron yet.

9. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Plenty of that about lol , what version of kodi are you running and what addons have installed in kodi ? .........

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

jarvis 16.1,listings i see exodus,specto movies,maverick movies,new releases,openload movies,movie favs.More if i go inside

11. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Ya bud jarvis still very stable , exedus and specto top of the league for movies I'm guessing you have fusion repo installed , to check if you have or not , open kodi , go to system , addons , install from zip file , should now see fusion file on your lefthand side if it's there that's OK , the list you mention above check to see do you have pheonix addon if not checkout link below ......

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sour...eTqYQZXn3jI8Xpkig&sig2=OVKSHJ7jtvix9_AkgyNSLw

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes phoenix must be there as i saw it updated along with many others

13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

All good bud , exedus, specto all great for movies and boxsets , pheonix is a bumper addon with addons in side for plenty of choice , you can have a bit fun checking them out , if you need any info on other addons let us know , happy viewing lol .......

14. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cacti if you have a bit of spare time bud check out piopats guide , he did this about 2 years back when we were all starting off with andriod boxes and it's excellent , you will see we were all asking advice at the start and by the end of the thread we were helping others , well worth a quick read bud ........

http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/a-newbies-guide-to-mx-android.754362/

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

ahh yes i read that but dont need anything else as box is fairly well loaded with stuff to replace an old non working one,cheers anyway.

16. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

1 other little tip is to clear your cache regularly in kodi and on the box itself and should have no problems ,all good bud happy viewing lol .......

17. piopat

piopat Active member

got to agree paulie mate specto , exodus and phoenix are certainly up there at the top , i would add uk turks to that as its a similar type addon to phoenix but as the makers are i believe uk based their is a lot more uk content . for example he has a classic tv series section with many top shows from the 7s / 80s / 90s etc , plenty of comedy such as adrian mole , minder , porridge , men behaving badly etc etc . i think turks compliments phoenix quite well . specto is whats called a fork or simply put a copy of exodus , dont worry he got permission from the exodus owner so its all above board . they share the same basic code so they are all most identical , but different people maintain the addons . and one may use slightly different sources to the other , so if a movie is not there or wont play in one its worth trying the other addon .

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes i noticed new box is setup to clear cache at every boot and something else,i do notice uk turk is now supporting e2 boxes now.