1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popsloader Problems on 3.52 M33-4, can't access the menu

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by LufianGuy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Basically I did everything I am supposed to (put seplugins on the root of my mem stick, enabled the plugin in the recovery menu, boot the game and even held in R with no success) and I can't access the popsloader menu.

My games do only work with their keys.bin files though if that affects anything.

I found a posting that seems like someone found the solution to my problem here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/566408

but sadly they didn't post the solution.

Hopefully I can solve this problem!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you use the seplugins from the 3.52 M33-4 update ot did you download the seplugins folder that i told you to download in the other thread you started.

HERE is the seplugins file. Download it extarct it and bring it to the root of the Memory Stick.

Now enable it and it should wrok.

3. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

That is exactly what I did and I realize it should work and wish it would, but it isn't.

I'm just going to disable the plugin, delete my current seplugins folder off the mem stick, then put on this new one (same one you gave me to dl earlier it seems) and hope to god it works.

All I have done so far:
    I think I put on the seplugins folder from the 3.52 M33-4 Update and enabled those, than I overwrote those with the seplugins folder you told me to download (while the plugin was still enabled) in the other thread. Then I have disabled and enabled the plugin, replaced the seplugins folder, tried 3 different games to no avail.
    Are there any important steps I have missed?

I can't access the popsloader menu at all, all I get is the warning screen (PSX converted to PSP blah blah).

I have never been able to choose a version of pops, the games just boot and run.

I wish that guy Jezzter would have posted how he solved this problem.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  4. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Keep holding R, the pops menu comes up after that screen...

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have no idea what the problem is. Every other person i have helped have had no issues. Your the only person that has had issues. So you are doing something wrong.

6. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

When I redo this, I will post step by step what I do.

This kinda stuff always happens to me, its not my fault, but something goes wrong.

Its my life, I appreciate everyone trying to help me.

7. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Is there any way to test to see if popsloader is working?

Maybe this is just happening because I didn't make the eboot or keys.bin myself.

These games refuse to play without the keys.bin, so I think they were made with an old copy of popstation GUI.

So people can get popsloader to work even though the keys.bin file is there?

Maybe it is because I also have snsestyl 4.2 ME on my PSP also?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  8. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

Can someone quickly explain how I get popsloader working? I'm noob at this and wanna play Silent Hill. I downloaded the seplugins folder and files larrylje uploaded, placed them into the root of my memory stick, put the Silent Hill PS1 ISO into the GAMES folder, enabled popsloader in recovery menu....but when I go to games in the XMB I don't see anything....I have 3.52m33-4...

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have done all the steps correctly except for the PSX ISO in /PSP/GAME folder. You can not play the PSX ISO you need to convert it to an EBOOT.PBP file.

Download PSX2PSP popstation GUI v1.2 which you can get HERE.

Start the program and load the ISO and convert it to an EBOOT.

Now create a folder named Silent Hill and drag the EBBOT.PBP that was created with PSX2PSP into the Silent Hill folder.

Now drag the Silent Hill folder to the /PSP/GAME folder.

The correct directory would be /ms0:/PSP/GAME/Silent Hill/EBOOT.PBP

10. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

Thanks larry. However, when I click convert, it says "Unable to open PSX2PSP_popstation_GUI_1.2\Files\BASE.PBP" And if I extract ISO, it says "No PBP file found" What's this PBP file?

Edit: Oh wait, I searched for the file and found it. Downloaded it along with some other file called keys.bin and put it in the Files folder and now it's working. Thanks larry!

P.S What's the keys.bin for?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All I do is start PSX2PSP and load the PSX ISO/BIN in the ISO/PBP File section of the program.

I then select where I want the output folder to go.

I then select convert.

It does its job and converts the PSX ISO/BIN file into a folder with an EBOOT file in it. I then rename the folder to whatever the game title is and then drag that folder along with the EBOOT to the /PSP/GAME folder.

Then run the game via Game menu memory Stick.

You don't need the KEYS file when using 3.52 M33-4