1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popstation - How do I compress 2 CD's onto 1?... Partial success so far.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lexb123, Jan 15, 2007.

1. lexb123

lexb123 Member

I am trying to compress both the Colony Wars CD's onto 1 CD for use with Popstation. I use UltraIso and am able to do just that. I fit both the CD's onto a new one and convert it. Then it loads up just fine in Popstation. It actually plays really well too, but it asks for me to insert the second CD at certain points. I can just press one of the buttons and it will bypass that screen and allow me to play the mission, but it won't play the FMV that are supposed to be on the second CD.

So as you can see I kinda got it to work in that I only need 1 CD to actually play the game but I can't see any of the FMV's that are on the second CD… It’s really bugging me and I tried doing it multiple ways but always end up with the Insert CD 2 message. Is there something I have to rename? Delete? Change? All I do so far is just drag the files from CD 2 that are missing on CD1.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. lexb123

lexb123 Member

No one else tried to do this?

3. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

you cant compress 2 cds into on iso to make an eboot. each cd is an eboot, so like 4 cds for ff vii is 4 eboots.

4. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Hmm, thanks Joker. Odd though because It does work... The only thing thats not playing are the FMV's. All the missions work since I put both the contents onto 1 CD. Odd...

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

You need a fix to make this work, like the Parasite Eve one.

Failing that you have to convert the second disk using the 1st disks SLUS, name and gamesave information so that the PSP thinks it is disk 1 when it is actually disk 2.

Save the game at the end of disk 1 then load the second disk and reload the game save