1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popup ads in subscribed threads?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by faerieire, May 7, 2004.

1. faerieire

faerieire Member

I don't know if this is something new; but whenever I respond to an update in a thread I have subscribed to I get a popup ad.

Is this something AfterDawn is allowing or is there some sort of bug on my computer?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No popups related to AD.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Try using firefox
    That might help you
    I used to use Internet explore but then got annoyed with pop ups...
    Afterdawn does not have pop ups...as I know...
    hoped this helped

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We have -- and virtually always have had -- pop-UNDER ads on our site that are capped so that you can't see more than one popunder per visit to our site (and per 24hr period, so even if you visit our site many times a day, you see only one during that day).

If you see popUPs, that might be a problem with some of our ad networks and you should contact us via our feedback, tell what the advertisement was, where did it appear and, if possible, provide a screenshot so we can investigate the issue. But most likely it is spawned by some spy/adware that is installed on your computer (tip: run SpyBot and Ad-Aware on weekly basis).

5. faerieire

faerieire Member

I do use adaware and spybot at least 2x week. I will get a screenshot of the next ad, it happens everytime I respond to an updated thread. Today, it said something like "Do you support the war in Iraq, vote yes or no and register to win Kodak digital camera".
    I'm getting ready to reformat my harddrive and if its gone after that, then it was some sort of bug.

6. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

just use firefox... i used to get pop ups all the time..like 4 per each page...so switch to firefoz and get rid of ie

7. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

I get that exact add about Iraq too. I as well use spyware and adware twice a week as well as other programs.