1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Port Forwarding Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Shinzaki, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Shinzaki

Shinzaki Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm attempting to port forward on my Netgear router (model B90-755-044-15), but no matter what I've tried over the course of the past couple of weeks I can't get it straightened out. I've tried many guides, including one from portforwarding(dotcom), and my port always reads back as closed when I check it.

I've even tried turning on DMZ, which I read was supposed to open ALL ports on a router, and that didn't work either. I've tried calling my ISP (Frontier) and they were no help... The man flat out told me that I'd have to "figure it out on your own". I'm out of moves here and I hope somebody could help, and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. Shinzaki

Shinzaki Newbie

Thank you for replying, but that was one of the many articles I looked at before deciding to join the forum and it offered nothing new that I hadn't already tried before. To be thorough however, I ran through the article again and my ports are still closed.