1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Portable battery for Xbox 360 (Phat)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TheHitman058, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TheHitman058

TheHitman058 Newbie

im making a somewhat portable Xbox 360 and im trying to hook up a Laptop battery to it im also powering a 1080p 16:9 laptop screen so my question is will it work and if so how can i go about doing it? And how long would it last?

if you have a better suggestion please let me know i have a 12 hour drive to Texas next month im trying to make it as efficient as possible...

thanks,

TheHitman

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Find on the web xbox 360 turned into a laptop or how to build a xbox 360 laptop,you may get some ideas

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

I remember reading those articles ages ago.Think they were asking for public funding on most of the serious projects.Something like "if you donated enough money you can be the first to receive one".The units i have read about don't have internal batteries due to the psu been integrated.Most are open source so you can purchase what you need and mess about to your heart desires.If you want just the guts you can,if you want the casing you can.If you have access to a 3d printer you can acquire the templates and make it yourself.I believe someone has just made a fully working duel laptop style machine integrating the 360 with the one.I bet there is some massive battery drain on those badboys!!

4. TheHitman058

TheHitman058 Newbie

well i have a plan and i want you to tell me if it's gonna work

you know those HUGE under-mounted laptop batteries like the one that are sopoesed to last 24-36 hours im thinking about getting one of them and wiring tin the console itself along with a board ro switch it between teh plugin power and the battery if I've done the calculations correctly (not sure though im not good at math) it should power teh console at max load for 6-10 hours in which is plenty for me....

the battery is DC and the console uses DC so all i would have to do ot wire them together correct im making it rechargeable as well and detachable.... if this works im gonna post a TUT but first i need to acquire an under-mounted batteryt
    and a LDVS to VGA board but i have another question... im wireing the vga to a set if spare composite cables but i ran into a snag THE VGA HAS NO WIRE IN THE THIRD PIN im like what the heck but yeah i ned to get another vga soooo yeah

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

better find out what the pinouts on the battery is & compare to the wires going out of the psu to the motherboard. can get an adapter that converts a laptop screen to regular vga.

6. TheHitman058

TheHitman058 Newbie

yeah i just order a adapter for the LDVS to the VGA
    and as for teh battery i cant find a undermounted battery that last a long time can someone help me find one?

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what do you mean by under-mounted?

8. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

He means one of those higher capacity batteries that protrude from underneath the laptop (or from the rear of the laptop). It doesn't mount flush with the machine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are just gonna take a 12 hour trip, why not simply buy a $20-$30 power inverter, and call it a day?