1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possable slimline overheat problem or just paranoia?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GrizlyBum, Jan 2, 2005.

1. GrizlyBum

GrizlyBum Member

Hey, about 4 days ago i bought a slimline unit and it worked fine, played San Andreas for a few hours, no problems. then 2 days ago i went and got the unit chipped. it still works perfectly, video is fine , loading is fine but after about 30min -1hour or playing the unit will start to make a semi-loud spinning noise. initially i thought it was the disc drive but it seems to happen independant of whether there is a disk inside or not. i'm guessing now it is linked to temperature. the noise also appears when the unit is powered on, only for for 2 seconds but not when the unit is reset. To the point, do slimlines have some sort of fan that kicks in if the unit gets too hot? and if so is it normal for the unit to get too hot?, i am open to the possablility that the sound was always there and i just didn't notice it but with all the talk of slimlines burning and that i don't want to take any chances, any info at all would be great and sorry for writing such a long ass passage :) Unit is PAL 70002 CB by the way, Chip is Magic+ , thanks

2. aandey

aandey Member