1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possiable to burn a SCVD onto DVD R- media?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RedzRum, Dec 15, 2003.

1. RedzRum

RedzRum Guest

I've been playing with some AVIs I downloaded trying to get them back onto a DVD. The problem I have is that the AVI audio has a VBR and as we all know, that causes problems. Best I can get back is a wandering audio, where is is just slightly ahead and just slightly behind at time. I was thinking of just making SVCD out of most of the files (1 hour long ... will fit on 1 CD) however a COUPLE of the files are actually 2 hours long (this is a TV series I am working with). The 2 hour long episodes will not fit on a stadard SVCD so I was thinking of burning those onto a DVD R- WITH a SVCD format.

The problem is that all programs I have used so far have just flat our REFUSED to even try it. Most stop and complain that the correct media (CDR) is not in the drive and will not continue despite changing all the settings I could find to appropriate DVD R- numbers.

Anybody got an idea here?

Thx

2. thefarter

thefarter Guest

Try to download TMPGEnc Plus programme. I have never used it personally but I think it will convert it to DVD

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

isn't svcd the same as dvd format on a cd-r instead of a dvd-r.

What programs are you using to burn?

4. thefarter

thefarter Guest

No it is a different format,I burned SVCD and VCD onto DVDs,when I got my DVD burner! It is certainly not the same.On the subject of burning software I have only ever used Nero All versions,dunno if I have been lucky but have never had any major problems!Now using version 6300.....

Purfect for me!