1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Bricked PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by vinnieman, Sep 14, 2007.

1. vinnieman

vinnieman Member

I am a new owner of a 60.00 PSP that I bought on E-Bay. Unfortunatly I had not explored the possible things that could be wrong with it. When I go to power on the unit the green power light stays on for 10 seconds and then tuns off. Is this an indication that the PSP that I have is bricked? I have been doing some studying on this new term and what I need to do to fix the problem, I just want to check to see if this is a good indicator of it being bricked.

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

The seller did not indicate what was wrong with it on the listing at all?

That sounds like a brick to me....In which case you will have to either make, or have someone make a Pandora battery so you can unbrick that psp of yours...

3. vinnieman

vinnieman Member

Does the battery serve another function other than being a power supply?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yes, once programmed using the Pandora battery program, it works in conjunction with the files that are on the memory stick-and is used to downgrade and unbrick any psp...

5. vinnieman

vinnieman Member

My son has a PSP and his in fine working condition. From what I have been reading I have to have a good working PSP to download these restore programs and create a Pandora battery and then I create a memory stick to start up the bricked unit.
    I found that very interesting that the battery serves as 2 functions.
    I do not know anything about thses machine and I wanted to get one to play movies and store music.

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

make sure you use a homebrew enabled psp (1.50 or custom firmware) to create the battery and memstick for you,if you can't get one to make the battery they sell them on ebay,personally i would have wanted a refund from the seller if there was no indication it was faulty.
    buyers have alot of protection on ebay especially if you used paypal to pay.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Your first course of action is to contact the seller you got the psp from, and let him/her know it doesnt work..If it was advertised as a working unit in the auction listing, then you need to get your money back, pronto!...Otherwise, as sicdude said-you will need another psp that is running 1.50 firmware, or a custom firmware-And it sounds like you dont have either, so you may want to find someone that does, and knows about the pandora battery so they can make one for you..

8. vinnieman

vinnieman Member

Thanks for the quick responses, I did buy it with the knowledge that it was not working, however I have never heard of this problem of being "bricked". I have learned my lesson but for 60.00 I think I can still recover, at least I hope.

9. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

just sent you a pm (private message)

10. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, it sounds like its possible to fix it-unless its something hardware related-Then you're screwed!

11. ST2006

ST2006 Member

In the possible event the PSP was installed with a custom firmware.. as you power the psp ON.. PRESS r AND HOLD IT.. if a menu appears.. please say so..