1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible corrupt system ASPI

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bigade, Mar 25, 2005.

1. bigade

bigade Member

I had an LG4081b burner for 12 months, but after a system crash whilst encoding, my burner would not recognise any blank discs (DVD or CD's), it did however still play DVD's. I sent it back to LG and they replaced it with an upgraded version 4163B. After one burn it now does the same as the other one. I have used Nero Infotool and that says "Corrupt system ASPI". Could anyone please come up witn an easy to understand answer to help this newbie?
    I would be gratefull for any help.
    Cheers Ade

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

use ForceASPI.

3. bigade

bigade Member

Thanks for that. I tried forceaspi, didn't make any diference. When I put a blank disc into the drive, light comes on as usual, then the Icon in My Computer changes fron CD/DVD RAM to CD if thats any help.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

well what does Nero Info tool say?

5. bigade

bigade Member

Info tool now says all ASPI are correct. I also looked at the disc tab which showed DVD/RW I thought , if it found the disc, it must be working.
    I tried a quick burn and it worked. Thanks for all the help. I hope it keeps working, don't have a clue what it was.