1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible exploit with the new update?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bailey07, Dec 10, 2007.

1. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Just wondering if there could be (if not already is) an exploit with the new update and Xbox Originals? The xbox originals can be downloaded straight to the HDD from Live and played from the HDD so maybe there could be some way in which to add other games to the HDD and play them?

Any body know if this could be possible?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Nothing has changed that i know of. You could always buy and download games (360, arcade) from the marketplace and play them from the hard drive so being able to do that with original Xbox games is nothing really that new.

3. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

steimy, I'm pretty sure that he is asking if you can basically do what people do to the ps2. They use hdadvance and play the game off of the hdd. It probably would involve breaking codes, but it seems very possible

4. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

it should be, but keep one thing in mind for them to run these original xbox games they had to emulate them, some have dropped framerates. That leads me to beleive they had to do a bit of coding. But then again it was possible on the ps2 so who knows...

got any friends that work for microsoft?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

pets34me
    Yeah, i knew what he was asking, and i answered it. Maybe i was not clear enough. My point was that before you could download and play Xbox original games from the hard drive you could already download and play Xbox 360 and Live Arcade games from the hard drive. So being able to download and play games from the hard drive is nothing new. And since no exploit has been made yet why would the game being an Xbox original game make any difference.

Sure it will be possible in the future, of that i have no doubt. But it is going to take some time for them to crack the system and get some sort of hacked dashboard ro programs in place, just like they did with the original Xbox.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007