1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to add a single episode to already made/encoded dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by spikeanut, Jan 15, 2007.

1. spikeanut

spikeanut Member

Hello all,

Just a question. I do a lot of tv episode DLing, mainly Heroes. I have already encoded a full DVD with episodes and menus, so I have those VOB files on my Harddisk, as well as on DVD. My question is, would I be able to add additional episodes, in AVI format, to the already encoded ones, without having to re-encode the whole list of AVI episodes that I began with? I have been thinking of a way to do this, but the menu on the episodes always presents a problem. If I add VOBs to a project, as well as AVI's, would the AVI's be the only thing that will go through the encoding process? Basically, I am trying to cut down on my encoding time, which takes a few hours for a full DVD. I would rather just go through the encoding for one additional episode, rather than the entire dvd all over again. Thanks for your help guys. I normally use Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.27 as well as DVD Decryptor, Shrink, and DVDFab. Those are my main arsenals right now for all DVD copying/creating purposes.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

You need to switch to TMPGEnc Author if you're going to do a lot of this stuff. NVE is just too slow imo.

TMPG sort of stiches the stuff together if it's already mpeg 2 encoded. You might give version 1.6 a whirl and see if you like it. It's fully functional in trail version mode. The latest version isn't, but you'll see if you like it or not and you'll get an idea of how quick it is compared to Nerovision.

I don't remember if TMPGEnc Author imports AVIs or not as I usually am importing mpegs. I'm pretty sure they have to be in mpeg format to be imported which your already completed DVD files are. You may have to use NeroVision or another program like TMPG XPress to make an mpeg out of your avi you want added and then add that to the existing project in TMPGEnc Author.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html

Basically, there isn't any way to include an episode with the others without re-encoding in Nerovision. NeroVision's going to start over. You can add the other episode as an AVI data file if you want to the DVD as long as there's room on the disk.

The best solution is to purchase a DVD player that plays divx/avi files. It saves a lot of time, although your menu will consist of a list of names that you assign to the files.

3. dimad

dimad Regular member