1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to convert DVD Decrypter files (already on HD) into an ISO image?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by henryV6, Jun 10, 2003.

1. henryV6

henryV6 Member

Sorry, I haven't been able to find this info after searching for some time....
    I'm trying to compare picture quality between DVD2One and DVDXCopy XPRESS, when sizing down a DVD9 to a DVD5 copy.
    I used DVD Decrypter to rip all files to HD and used DVD2One and everything worked fine.
    My question is: is there any way to convert my decrypted files to an ISO image to mount on an emulator and try out DVDXCopy XPRESS (since this program, as you know, needs the actual DVD disc to work, which I don't have handy)?
    Or would I have to rip the original DVD a second time with DVD Decrypter, this time as an ISO image?
    Any help will be much appreciated!
    Thanks...!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2003
  2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Nero will burn to an 'image recorder'. It'll also mount an ISO image as a pseudo DVD drive.

3. henryV6

henryV6 Member

I need to create an ISO image from my VOB files...but how? Is it even possible?

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

If you have all the files (.ifo, .bup, .vob), then choose DVD-Video in Nero, pop the files into the VIDEO_TS folder and write to the 'Image Recorder' device. You can then mount this via the image mounting sw (forget the name) that is part of Nero.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

5. henryV6

henryV6 Member

Thank you, jnihil, for your help -- it worked as you described! I wasn't familiar with the Nero image drive feature.

Do you suppose the files "suffer" from all those conversions (DVD Decrypter - Nero Image - DVD XCopy XPRESS - DVD)? I haven't checked the picture quality yet.
    Thanks again....

6. andru123

andru123 Member

(DVD Decrypter - Nero Image - DVD XCopy XPRESS - None of these tools reduce quality afaik. They leave the quality 1:1 - no reencoding