1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to copy DVD games onto CDR?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by suprax, Apr 10, 2004.

1. suprax

suprax Member

Hey I just put a modchip in my PS2 and am interested in backing up some of my PS2 DVD games. I don't have a DVD burner and am wondering if there is some way to copy the games onto CDRs? I mean if the entire DVD game fits on a single CDR then I guess theres no problem there, but what if the image is too big and needs to be split up on multiple CDRs? Is this possible or not?

I couldn't find the answer anywhere in the forums so excuse me if I missed it. Thanks!

2. billz

billz Active member

it possible but with ripkits but since you've already went this far it is far more easier to breakdown and get a dvd burner.nothing top-of-the-line just something to get you started will do. you can get 1 for a $100 to 150 dollars and you won't regret it.

3. suprax

suprax Member

Well I've been searching around and can actually score a nice 8X one for $81 (check out slickdeals.net). Its DVD+-RW so it should be everything. Is there any type of burner in particular I'm looking for or not? I'm referring to standards and stuff. Thanks!