1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to play ps1 and 2 games with HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Ashaya, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ashaya

Ashaya Member

I have looked online, and it is supposedly possible to play ps1 and ps2 ISO's off of an External Hard Drive on PS2, WITHOUT modding. Is this true, and if it is, how do I do it? I haven't been able to access youtube (internet too slow.)

Please help!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you'd want to google softmod (there are various ways to do it) then after you softmod you'd want to install & run a program called hd loader.it should work.use hd loader to boot the iso files on the hard drive.
  4. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

you cant play ps1 games off the hdd the only thing that will do this is a "in progress" ps1 emulator for the ps2 which last time i looked the sound was disabled on it and its kinda complicated to get it working. best thing to do for ps1 games is either chip a ps2 and play them from a cd-r or chip a ps1(chipping ps1 is so easy). the easiest and best looking way is use the ePSXe ps1 emulator to play ps1 games on your pc instead.
  5. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Actually you can but you need the original ps2 40 gig hard drive and a cd called advance hd for ps2 it installs games onto the 40 gig hard drive but only works with the original ps2 hard drive
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012