1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to rip from a HDD folder?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nye553, May 11, 2007.

1. nye553

nye553 Member

I ripped Deja Vu to my HDD but I think I must rerip it from the threads I've read. I no longer have the DVD with me right now. I also have some other DVDs that I need to do the same to.

Currently I use the default settings for Decrypter. I pretty much only know how to default-rip DVDs to the HDD and make .VOB files that can be used to create iPod Vids.

Or is there a way to rip/encode properly with one of the following: (Properly meaning the DVD is "GREAT QUALITY" and doesn't play those weird scenes) EDIT: After reading more it looks like I need to clean the .VOB Files Folder. Is there a specific .VOB file I should get rid of?

Programs I use: DVD-RB(to encode), Decrypter(to rip), Shrink(to burn)

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  2. nye553

nye553 Member

is it best to use IFO mode vs File mode in decrypter?

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

For the latest DVD's you need following 1.)DVDFabHDdecrypter(free version) to decrypt the dvd,2.)FixVTS (latest version) to cleanup the VOB's that where decrypted this will allow them to be open in dvdshrink. , 3.)DVDShrink to shrink your files so that they will fit on a DVD make sure when you press backup that you choose "save as ISO", 4.)Imgburn (or nero or any other program that can burn ISO image). If you will not be burning a DVD , you can have dvdshrink "save as file" instead.Finally (most important)only use high quality dvd media, otherwise you will have playback problems (I recommend verbatim dvd+ 16x).You really don't need decrypter due to the fact that it cannot handle the latest dvd's.