1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to rip HD movies to an ipod ?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by spald, Jan 15, 2008.

1. spald

spald Member

I'm asking if its possible to rip an HD/blu-ray movie, and then convert it to something like .avi or .mp4. I'm not so much worried about conserving quality, because I've got to cut it down to fit on an ipod anyway, but I've got some HD movies that I don't have in dvd form, and my computer has an HD/blu ray drive.

I've searched the forums and only found topics discussing ripping the entire HD dvd to the hard drive and using third party software to view it in its huge 20ish GB form.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

DVDFabHDDecrypter ( free ) can rip HD. Also AnyDVD HD can rip also ( Pay for ). As for the rest, I don't know )

3. spald

spald Member

The thing is, with my completely updated copy of DVDFabHDDecrypter, when I try to make it scan the DVD, the scan bar only comes up for about half a second then it acts like there isn't a disk in the drive. Is there a setting I need to change in the program?

I've only recently gotten my HD/blu-ray player so I'm still getting used to it, but I've updated the driver and it plays the movies I'm trying to rip just fine.

Also, will the rip that DVDFabHDDecrypter makes be compatible with something like DVDshrink or be in a .vob format so that I can convert it to different formats ok?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008