1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to Switch PS2 Motherboards????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Aali1011, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Aali1011

Aali1011 Member

Hey everybody i was just wondering if this was possible. I got a V3 and we all know how much support i get when it comes to modchips. I wanted to get the DMS4 E.Z.I but i can't since it don't support the V3. SO i thought to myself there must be a way i love my PS2 so much i can't give up. The thought came to mind to switch the motherboard to a newer one. Idk if its possible or not or even worthy just for a modchip. I know i can go the HD Loader/Advance route but the solderless modchip would have been great. So does anybody know if it can be done or suggest any solution for a person who wants to avoid soldering cause he don't know how.thanks in advance.

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

You cannot just switch motherboards, the laser is different on certain versions and they have different parts.

You will just have to buy a new ps2.

3. Rab!

Rab! Member

Yeah the above sounds about right unfortunatly, also the cost of a motherboard on its own would be about the same price as a newer version PS2, as its the main part of the PS2 itself.

4. Arclite

Arclite Member

Well im not sure about the version 3 but done it successfully with a V5 and a V9 motherboard. It just takes a little bit of work.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the v1-3 ps2's use a completely different mainboard layout to the v4+ units and i would think it impossible to fit a later mainboard in v1-3 unit