1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly Bricked...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by adoman, Feb 11, 2007.

1. adoman

adoman Member

I'll tell you what I have done in the best detail I can give.

1) I bought the unpacthed version (FW2.00) of GTA:LCS from ebay.
    2) I updated my PSP from 2.81 to 3.03.
    3) Using the 3.03 downgrade method from the Noobz team I successfuly downgraded to 1.50 with no problems at all.
    4) I then upgraded my PSP to 3.03OE-C directly from 1.50 successfuly.
    5) I downloaded some demos from a few different websites to see if eveything was working correctly.
    6) When I ran them they kept giving an error and would not start.
    7) I then turned my PSP off and kept R held while turning on
    8) It went into that bios looking screen and i clicked on configuration.
    9) I changed the kernel from 3.03 to 1.50.
    10) I enabled NO-UMD as i thought it ment the UMD drive would not work and thus allow the games to work using the memory stick. (Which I found out later there was no need to.)
    11) I started the PSP up as normal and hurray it all worked!
    12) I gave my PSP to a friend to show him what i've managed to do and told him to go into the memory stick folder of the game section.
    13) Unfortunatly it was very loud when I told him and he went and started the GTA:LCS unpatched version that was still in the drive.
    14) From what he said (I didn't see the screen) the rockstar logo came on and the intro movie but he skipped them and then just before the game was about to load the saved game file the PSP screen went black and froze.
    15) He held the power button untill the PSP went off.
    16) I then turned the PSP back on.
    17) The backlight comes on and the memory stick red light pulses a few times but the screen remains black.
    18) I left it for a while just incase it was trying to process something but taking longer than usual.
    19) After waiting 5 mins of it being turned on i held down the power button to turn it off.
    20) It took ages to turn itself off while the power button is held up.

This happens eveytime i turn the PSP on. However i can still access the bios looking screen with the R held down. I tried the 'Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP' but with no success. I also looked on the memory stick using a memory card reader on my computer to see if the recovery folder actualy exsisted but I was unable to find one in the GAME directory.

If you could help me It would be most appreciated. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u can access usb thru recovery,...use my recovery winstaller to install the recovery files.

3. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

wow this kind of stuff happens alot

4. adoman

adoman Member

You are a saviour! It worked with no problems at all. I'm back to 3.03OE-C again :D. Sorry I made this thread in the first place. I did actually look at that fixing thread before making but I wanted to be 100% sure I was doing the correct way of sorting the mess out.

Thanks again!

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Have you deleted the downgrader files now? Not that you manage to brick it again. When you are done deleting them (especially that savegame) you can play that UMD aswell without any problems.

6. adoman

adoman Member

The downgrader said it made a slight mess with all the downgrader files and they was going to make a cleaner to get rid of them all. I havn't tried the game without the edited save game yet but I will try shortly.

EDIT: I deleted 3 hacked saved games from the save game folder on the PSP (whilst keeping my original) and now I can play GTA:LCS with no fear of bricking it that way anymore. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007