1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly DVD drive problem..SLOW BURNING all of a sudden

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by PetahG, May 25, 2007.

1. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Hey guys...ppl of afterdawn
    Let me describe to you my situation. I dowanload and burn and copy videos regurarly on dvd. For about the past 3 months I've been using the dvds "FUJIFILM". They were good to me. I could burn a data or video on a DVD-5 within 5 minutes,no more than that. It would only take 5 minutes using nero or any other program at speed 16times. My dvd burner is LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S. IT has been working great for me.

Now lately I've been trying to burn this european movie from a european dvd and had to use decrypter to decrypt the movie because there was some kind of an error on teh disk...The whole thing was a mess but somehow I managed to burn it on teh dvd. After that I tried burning a regular data dvd an dnow it takes me about half an hour to burn a dvd at top speed.

Now I dont know if my burner is buring slow because of that or ther is another possibility. I ran out of FUJIFILM dvds and switched to Imation dvds..Is it a possibility that its burning slower because its a different,a worse, dvd. Although my memory is about 90 percent sure that I already burned a dvd using teh new "Imation" dvd and it burned fast..again at about 5 minutes in length.

So basically...Im clueless as what happened...cluless at what to do...and most importantly FURIOUS!!! Now that I told u what happended what im asking of u guys is suggestions on how to solve this problem..Perhaps there are ways to change ur settings..perhaps theres a program that will get ur burner buring fast again..perhaps, and this is something i wouldnt want to find out, my driver was f-ed up after I tried burning that weird european dvd :mad:

Any suggestions or problems that uve experienced close to this are galdly appreciated to hear.Thank you in advance

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Yupp..I did see that DMA is off..Question now..how do I turn it back on because I tried going to device manager and trying going to the dvd drive properties but theres nothing that talks about DMA.And you cant turn it back on through nero info tool. Lastly, could this DMA just turn off all of a sudden like that?
    thnx

4. attar

attar Senior member

Sometimes turns off if you are ripping a DVD and there is a problem reading it.

My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > IDE Controllers > Primary or Secondary (depending on where the burner is connected) , Properties 'Uninstall'
    Reboot and Windows reinstalls the drivers.

Might be slight chance that it is off in the PC bios.Unlikely though.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  5. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Thnx alot attar,
    Im gona try to do that and then I'll get back to you on teh results.
    Im just scared that when I delete the driver it wont instal back :s
    Petah G

6. PetahG

PetahG Guest

WOW-thnx alot attar
    I did evrything utold me and its back burning at the fast speeds it used to.
    You should give yourself a pad on the back
    Once again thnx alot for the help :)

7. attar

attar Senior member