1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post info on your customized ps2 here (case mods, paint mods, neon mods, etc)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shutter93, Mar 26, 2003.

1. shutter93

shutter93 Member

I am working on "customizing" my ps2 and was wondering if anyone else was in the same process or already finished. I will post my picture on this thread when I am finished. As for now here is what I am up to.

Modifying a flip top case with some lexite so you can see the disc spin.

Installing a green neon in the hard drive bay or inside the case (haven't decided yet)

Installing two chromed fans (replacing one in back and installing another on top of the case over the heatsink.

Painting the entire case metalic silver with red accents on the dvd drive, eject reset buttons, memory ports, etc.

Plus my customized logo on top and on the controllers.

I can't wait to see what everyone else is up to. Post it here...

~Shutter93

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I put a drive activity indicator light and clamshell door bypass switch on my PS1. Also mounted a Magic 3.0 on/off switch to the right of the USB ports. That's about it for me.

3. FiG22x

FiG22x Member

i been looking to buy some clear cases for my ps2 since the launch of the ps2, anyone know where to get one, i have one for my ps1 but not ps2...

4. shutter93

shutter93 Member

Update on my progress:
    I've decided the red accents aren't going to work. The paint doesn't want to stick and I didn't pick up any primer. (Plus I don't feel like sanding and re-painting)

The entire case is silver and the flip top has been modified with lexite. Haven't got the chrome fans yet, they're in the mail.

Oh one question I have... As for my power sources:
    On the neon, it has a transformer built in so directly off the incoming main will work, right?
    And on my chrome fans a split off of the power to the other fan should work?
    Please let me know if I'm wrong before I make sparks...

~shutter

5. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

Wow. I never realised the the 'Boy Racer' trend extended to gaming consoles. :)

My PS2 is lowered with neon lights on the underside with alloy grills and a red spoiler. ;)

VVVrrroom !

6. shutter93

shutter93 Member

If you want to bring up cars, yes mine is lowered, it does actually have a red spoiler, however I wouldn't disgrace it with neons. You know what would actually be pretty funny/cool... How bout putting some wheels on the ps2 (maybe from an old rc or somethin) then installing some pneumatic pumps as makeshift hydros. Then you really could lower it, put some neons on the underside, slap on a red spoiler, and voila. Howdya get it to go VVVrrroom???