1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have a verbatim +RW that I've used well over a hundred times. I have a verbatim BD-RE I used twice, and now windows explorer crashes no matter which bluray drive I put it in. If I have anydvd running, no crash, but it doesn't stop scanning :( That sucks. It cost me $12.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ,

Go here and make a little update to your ODD. ;)

Link to FirmWare HQ for iHAS 424 B GL15

I would go ahead and update to latest the version... You know how the GM is. ;)

This one at the link I provided ... GL1B 9th November, 2011 GL1B.EXE

May your success proceed you!! :D

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,

I'll give that a shot, sometime this weekend. Not feeling too well at the moment.

Thanks again,
    Russ

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just burnt my first normal DVD5 on the WH12LS39 i used BD Rebuilder to make a DVD 5 file to burn to a reg disc. then i burnt it with my IHAS324 then scanned it then recsaned it on my optaric drive.

[​IMG]

and here is the same disc scaned on my optaric
    [​IMG]

OM7
    i noticed when doing the DVD5 file from BDRebuilder it didnt do the full movie. yes i chose movie only but would it do full dics to a dvd5? and it took about 3 1/2 to take the blu ray down to a dvd 5 file. movie only.

EDIT to correct my stupidity

i ment to say it did the full movie, movie only no menu. i was wondering if it would do movie and menu only but it cant, ive been looking into it and only in blu ray will it do menus....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

What a coincidence. I'm working on rather colorful scan right now LOL!

Encode times vary. Send me your log in a personal message.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a colorful scan.

Verbatim 6X LTH, burned at 4X via WH10LS30. I'm now comparing the ISO data with imgburn. So far no errors. But I imagine it will ultimately fail.
    [​IMG]

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wow!!!!!! i gotta get me another blu ray drive so i can scan my burns, this is killing me not being able to scan them.

i guess thats why you said to stay away from the LTH media???

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No. I think my WH10LS30 is getting old. The failed burn/s recently were due to a corrupt ISO. Not sure how that's possible, maybe my hard drive screwed it up somehow. Or ANYDVD didn't rip it properly. Hard to say. My Sony DRU820 was producing similar burns before I ultimately retired it. I suppose it's possible that the 6X LTH media may be too new for it. I'll scan some more. Looks like that last burn failed the verification process. It made it to 98% too :(

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

think ill give them VERB LTH's from micro center a shot...lol

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The 2X LTH's worked very good for me. I've only burned a handful of the 6X LTH's. I'm scanning a recent one right now. Looks like my lite-on is gonna be doing a lot of verifying now! Each coaster is roughly 1 - $2. So far the burn I did a week ago looks good. Hope it stays that way LOL! I guess my older LG is sticking to ripping only.

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This was probably the WH10LS30's last successful burn. It was bordering on a HOF for a while LOL! I believe I've had a very impressive Taiyo Yuden BD-R scan though.
    [​IMG]

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Rob how is the playback/picture quality of the DVD ?

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I imagine it's very good. BD rebuilder does very good work ;)

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

funny you say that.lol i just got the blu ray copy i made and the DVD copy and put them both in my sons PS3. the blu ray copy well its blu ray no more need be said.
    the DVD copy WOW!!!! its not blu ray but you can tell its played through a blu ray player(ps3) but the picture is perfect!!!! looks great, i am very pleased with the out come on it. it is movie only, wish i could have gotten the menu and extras but hey i got the blu ray copy for that..lol
    oh my sons tv is a 32in flat panel led, its not a big screen but looks great. im gonna put them out on my 50in samsung plasma and check out both disc.

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

First burn/scan from the WH12LS39. Needs some more breaking in ;)
    [​IMG]

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman.. I'm sure you've read this... ;)

Old Posted: 15-01-2011

TheOne_66 (MyCE Junior Member)

Find More Posts by TheOne_66

I purchased the WH10LS30 and flashed it with BH10LS30 firware because it was more recently updated so i can confirm they are identical

source here

Don't know a dang thing about BD drives but I've always been a fan of recent f/w if it's tested and approved by more than one "reputable" member. :)

ADD

I missed the next page somehow. ;)

Yes you've read it and it seems there isn't a newer f/w if I'm reading correctly.

Sorry for the excitement.. I reiterate... I don't know SH!T about BD drives... LOL

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

But your post is so neat and colorized. You know twice the Sh!t I do about BD drives. How's everyone doing?

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I honestly don't think firmware will help me in my case. From what I'm seeing of the scans, and progressively worse scans, my drive is aging :( Rather prematurely if you ask me. It has ripped quite a few, and burned over 150-200 discs. I have had worse burners. My oldest optiarc dvd burners, have seen thousands. I cannot wait for a true NEC chipped Optiarc BD burner :D

Doing o-k Garmoon. Hope everything is well with you :)

Rob, you've burned with the new WH12LS39, haven't you? Did your buffer stay at 50% throughout???

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes it did. while i was burning blu ray it did. when i burnt the 8x-r TY it went to 100%

after checking out both the previous disc on my 50in plasma, the blu ray and then the DVD copy, the blu ray is flawless, as is the dvd copy. you can see the DVD copy isnt as crisp as the blu ray but still looks amazing.

just wondering how reliable the blu ray burners are when it comes to burning a regular non blu ray disc? should i invest in another blu ray burner when i can and slowly phase out the non blu ray drives?

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I don't waste the potential of the bluray drives, burning dvd's. Fact of the matter is, I barely burn DVD's anymore. When I do, they go to my remaining Optiarcs. I suppose if I had to(down the road), I'd probably burn a DVD in the bluray drive. Much like CD's. Pretty rare, but I do burn a CD in the DVD drives from time to time. One day, it'll be like that with bluray drives.

Thanks for the reply regarding the Buffer. I had a feeling that was typical behavior. However unusual :S