1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@hobbit
    you cant go wrong with the 16X+r verbs. i love the TY's guess more for the name they have for themselvs and the way the feel kinda heavy. know what i mean they feel like they will last a long long time. but myself i get way better scans/scores with the verbs. granted i havent burnt no ware ner the amount of TY's as i have verbs. once again the only drives i have or ever had have been liteon's (and the not so good HP740i) and i know from my excperience and others with liteons they love verbs...

doing some fooling around with dvdfab platinum. gonna have a scan soon useing it to burn,

@greensman
    check your PM box

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob,

Haven't tried the 16x Verbs yet, but have been having great luck with the 16x TYs. Will have to get my hands on some Verbs and give 'em a go.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@hobbit
    i just got my first batch of the 16x+r hubprintable TY's only have burnt 4 of them so far..lol nothing worth putting on them..lol

here is the scan i just did of a movie from last year the contract. with morgan freeman and john cusack. real good movie.
    ripped and burnt with dvdfab platinum burnt @ 7.6x on a 16x+r verb.. very sweet scan.

[​IMG]

4. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I'm a goin' to have to get me some of them thar 16x verbs, I only got about a hudert of tys left! :0

5. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello All, Just thought I would post a scan of a TY I burnt on my NEC at 4x, My NEC loves these things! From now on I'm doing TY's on my NEC and Verb 16x on My Liteon's. Gotta stick with what works, with what burner. /Unjust

[​IMG]

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Couple of scans for you people. :) I wish that I could combine the 2 discs and then have a great disc for really cheap. lol. Neither one of the discs are that bad, I just want a Verb or TY for the price I paid per disc for these. :) $0.22 per disc with tax and all. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....gm

edit: nice scan UnJust... :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  7. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    Just thought I'd post one of my recent 20x burn scans.
    [​IMG]

8. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@unjust, zebadee (& you too, gm),

Nice looking scans all!

@gm,

The Ritek/Ridata 4.7 gigs aren't that bad, I use them for data back ups and they're fine for that.

Here's one now!

[​IMG]

Their DLs on the otherhand, suck. They've gotten worse(or I have a bad batch) over the last year. BTW, they're on the way! ;D

9. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

@ Hobbit , I agree with what you said. I wish Riteks were the Riteks of old they used to be awesome for the price! Now days they seem to be getting worse. My results with them anyways. Gotta try me some of them TY03's haven't got to try them out yet. Here's a scan of a 16x Verb burnt at 8x on my liteon... /unjust

[​IMG]

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello all,
    i think i am going to try and compare IMGburn and nero to see if i get better results from either one with my litey
    heres a dvdINFO scan of a TY hubprintable8x burned @8x with IMGburn
    [​IMG]

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got a short movie here. power rangers for the boys..lol

[​IMG]

12. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hi all!

For S & G's, I decided to burn this Verb DL @ 4x instead of my usual 2.4x just to see what would happen & I was pleasantly surprised! Here's this scan:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Very Good for a DL! Not much noise around the layer break which is rare.

14. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@blivetNC

I agree about the layer break, though these printable Verb DL's are pretty sweet!

Of course, this old adage always applies, "even a blind sow finds an acorn now and then"! :D

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

WOW printable DL verbs had to take a loan out for those puppies...lol

ive only burnt 20 DLs and that was the very first disc i ever burnt when i first started so i didnt know any better, but do you notice the layer break on them during playback? the scans on them do look wild even though its better to use them as far as compression goes. you will never get a really good score with one just for the fact of the layer break....?????

16. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Here's a couple of Verb -Rs I just did. Not too bad considering I don't burn the -Rs that much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same movie (sort of, one's widescreen the other fullscreen), different burns.

17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob,

Yup, they are pricey, but the only way to get the price driven down is to create a demand (and manufacturing competition). Can't wait until TY starts manufacturing them. Need another class A manufacturer other than Verbatim to really start the price drop. Personally, I don't understand why the printable DLs are so much more expensive vs the non-printables, it's not the case with the non-DLs.

I don't notice the layer break at all on playback on a standalone dvd player if I get a good burn, which is why I've stopped using Ritek DLs.

Regarding scores, compare the DL vs one of the Verb -Rs I just posted. Remembering that the DL has twice the capacity, compare the total PIEs and the PIFs, not to mention the maximums. The highest score I've gotten with CD/DVD Speed has been a 95, which I've gotten with both standard dvds & a DL.

No offense meant or taken cincyrob, you had a great comment which I thought deserved a lengthy response.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hey buddy no offence taken here or hope i didnt put any out... im just interested in learning something new when i can thats all.

thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so

19. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I'd love to see what someone with a Lite-On 18x drive can do with these, those drives are considered better burners than the 20x that I have(and the scores prove it!)

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.