1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POSTING A CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SpeciesX, Feb 27, 2003.

1. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

Hiya All

Ok Like most of the noobs I was wondering if u guys can get BAND OF BROTHERS or any Double Episode Serials Like OZ or Sopranos by splitting the dvd into 1 episodes and placing them 2 blank DVDS then putting each episode onto the time starts now gents if u think u r man or mouse and can do this task the successfully by writing your pc spec and software usage down on how u did it if u can successfully do this and it works the first person 2 have it working i will Send u 20 blank dvd-r.

PM me

cya all

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2003
  2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I would think you just have to use DVD Decrypter and IFO Edit (or similar) to choose which information is needed then just re-encode them into 2 DVD complaint folders.

3. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

Well ive tried using dycrpter then usining dvd2one then nero and it only has half of the second episode so i was hoping some pros could help me but thanks m8.

4. Oner

5. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

Dex tried it m8 doesnt work with second episode

i am not a phoney either if i get it right i will send the person 20 dvd-r blanks anywhere in the world that excepts the post.

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You want to take 2 episodes off one dvd and put it on to 2 dvd's?

I haven't done this but I would also agree with dextrslab (I know you said you tried it but didn't work)

My theory (could be wrong though as I do not know the structure of band of brothers) if the 2 episodes are different PGC could you just rip the PGC's seperately and make them into a folder with ifoedit and get 2 dvd's that way OR are the episodes on seperate vob id's which u could strip with ifoedit.

This has probably been no help as I am shooting in the dark abit.

7. jbrossar

jbrossar Member

8. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

ok edited that 1 babaa soz
    meant 2 onto 1

9. Oner

10. SpeciesX

SpeciesX Guest

Yes however not managed 2 figure out what burning software will read a 4.7gig disk at the right amount cause so far record now and nero read my 4.7s at 4.5gig maybe u can help

11. Oner

I think the answer to that question has to do with bits and bytes sizing methods. Some programs read in bits, some in bytes so that is why you might be getting the disparaging (sp) file size reading.

12. Oner

Some more suggestions

Multiple Episodic Movie to ONE DVD-R

http://www.neophile.net/~hammer/index.htm

Multiple Episodic Movie to Seperate DVD-R

To take 2 movies off and put them to 2 seperate discs just use DVD Decrypter to extract all of the info to your HD then open up DVD2One and do each seperate encodings of the episodes into seperate folders, then burn them to media. If you want a walkthrough with pictures it can be done easily.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  13. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest