1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pot player

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rtrg, Nov 21, 2016.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I downloaded PP as an experiment. It has the ability to record many different sources including a dvd in a number of formats. Using the same version on a matched pair of desktops, I recorded two different dvd titles. One in MKV, which is apparently the default, and on in MP4. Both apparently recorded as I watched the time count up. But I CANNOT find or open either title. It is NOT in any folder in the control panel, nor can I find it in the video/record/dialog box. How do I find and open these titles? In VLC it is as simple as adding the RECORD button to the control panel. Then play the dvd and record at the same time. When done simply press PLAY to playback the recorded dvd. The disc can remain or not remain in the drive. VLC knows the difference. Solutions please.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

does vlc not do what you want here?sorry,not meaning to be an bumhole here,just asking.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

POTPLAYER is a combination of VLC and GOM player. It does a good job of playing any input/source. I did find the record controls. It is located under the video tab, then record video, then start video. It creates its own storage folder and start/run dialog. When done it displays a play dialog and reopens the player. The content is played from there. The format is MKV by default. Other record formats do not seem to work although they are selectable. Quality is good. a little more cluttered than VLC but not by much. Good back up.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

ah,i see.

5. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

vlc is SUPPOSED to be able to record a website video like youtube using the copy/paste method. it does not work, error displayed weather the video is playing or not. as for potplayer the video needs to be playing on screen, copy/paste, start recording. then the player can be minimized. it also records audio when the playing video audio is muted. what I need to know is how do I then record that video onto a dvd?

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If you want a DVD that plays on a DVD player, then you need to burn a DVD-Video. You can use something like Nero Video, Roxio, Cyberlink, etc. to do that. They're not free. Most of the free burners burn video to disc as a data disc.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

9. aldan

aldan Active member

forgot about that one.i still have it.nice to see you d.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've been here all the time or most of the posts on the afterdawn's 2 sites would have been spammers.

aldan likes this.