1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power calabration area full no matter what program i use

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by XdjxedxdX, Nov 23, 2004.

1. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

i get a power calabration area full error no mater what program i use and this is a new burner i just got it two weeks ago it was burning everything fine till like two days ago then it started actin up the weird thing i didnt notice till the other day it will burn dvd cd and data cds fine but wont reconize them i hope maybe that gives someone a clue im lost none of the posts says anything about "power calabration are full"
    thanx in advance ED-D

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Power Calibration errors can be caused by cheap and nasty media, a firmware upgrade can help. Nero 6 has been known to be incompatible with some drives too, but this is unlikely. If all else fails you may have a bung drive you'll need to return. Some extra unlikely solutions I have read are:

1)try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If this occurs with an External recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. Take the recorder out of the external chassis, and connect it internal, as a test.

2) Try different configurations, such as taking the CDROM to the Primary IDE bus as Slave, and have only the recorder connected to the Secondary IDE bus as Master.