1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power calibration error after XP SP2 upgrade

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ricster, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ricster

ricster Regular member

I've just applied XP SP2 and now find that I cannot burn some discs. I've never had any problems before. The discs in question are Traxdata Ritek G04's and I'm getting the old Nero Power Calibration Error. I've burned many of these (and other G04's) before. The weird thing is that I CAN burn a crappy old Memorex that I found lying around. I'd like to get this working again without uninstalling SP2 (if possible). What could have happened ? Environment is XP Pro SP2, Nero 6 (all latest levels), NEC ND-1300A burner.

2. ricster

ricster Regular member

Just to let you know that uninstalling XP2 has solved the problem. Good job too since I have a load more Traxdata's on the way. It just goes to show how complex this technology is...and how poor the understanding can be. I just knew it was too early to plump for that upgrade.

3. PMinogue

PMinogue Member

Had the same problem. In fact SP2 caused other software to stop working as well (Retrospect 6 backup software) Uninstalled it and normal service resumed. SP2 is good for security but I think Bill has over-cooked this upgrade.Nero 6 can cause problems at the best of times without SP2 creating even more issues

4. thunderb

thunderb Guest

You can go to the nero website and there a update for the sp2 update that should solve your problem. My nero 6 wouldn't work at all. When I put the update from nero in everything worked fine. Hope this helps.