1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Calibration Error Solution 'I JUST IGNORED ERROR AND IT WENT AWAY'

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SabreLord, Jun 16, 2004.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I have never had any problems burning DVDs. Then one time I kept getting the dreaded Power Calibration Error everytime I tried to burn an image on Nero.

I simply chose to ignore the error and the DVD was backed up with no problems. I never got the error again after that. If any of you get the same problem just try doing what I did. That is just one of the ways in which I overcame the problem, though sometimes it can be a more severe case.

2. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

THe problem that I had with that error was.
    I wasnt able to copy the copy, but have since switched to a better brand of media.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  3. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

Interestingly enough, I got this error a couple weeks ago. I tried a few things and in the process, made a few coasters. I put a cd-rom in the drive, to see if it would read ok, and it did. After that, no more Power Calibration error, and no more coasters :)

4. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

It also results from bad spots on the media or insufficient power fron the power supply
    Ot there may be packet writing software interfering with the burn.

5. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

I was using RitekG04's (several of them unfortunately) and I don't use any packet writing wares. The burn process would start and the progress would hang at 32kb and wouldn't go any further. After I had it read that cd-r (in fact I copied a file off it just to be sure) it still sorta paused at 32kb the first time, but it spun up and burned like normal immediately afterward and I have had no problems in the 10 or so dvds since. Weird!