1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Calibration Error..

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by PeicyP, Feb 24, 2005.

1. PeicyP

PeicyP Member

Aright, I read everything on the other threads about this, but they didn't work for me, hmm I use TDK Disks, I own an Atapi 52x24x52x CD-RW drive, never had any problems, I haven't burned a cd for a while, I just bought a 50 pack of TDK disks, and at 7%, I'd get the "Burn Process Failed" message, and the "Power calibration error" error. I can't get a firmware for my drive, only ones i found on the Iomega site were for lower speed cd-rw drives.. I tried burning at the lowest speed, It automatically switched to the 2nd lowest speed, and the burning went through, then i tried it at 48x and 52x.. didn't work, I'm just wondering, what this means? Does this simplify my problem a bit? Am I going to have to stick with that slow speed? or is there a way to fix this problem to be burning at 52x once again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Arsen

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's most likely media related although your burner could be on it's way out. At what speed did you start getting acceptable results?

3. PeicyP

PeicyP Member

Hmm, I just noticed i've been using Memorex for the past couple of months, and I just bought some 52x TDK disks, I tried to burn at 40-52x and I would just get the error, so I tried to burn at the lowest speed, I think 4x, and it automatically increased it to 12x or 1,200kbps or whatever it is. I think I'll try to use Memorex Cd's again and see if that works.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's not a bad idea to burn on the slower side anyway - less errors that way. My Plextor is capable of 52X but I've never burned past 24X since I prefer quality over speed.

5. PeicyP

PeicyP Member

i see.. aright thank you for your help.