1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power callibration error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Nukid, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Nukid

Nukid Guest

anyone else had this problem when using 4x dvd recordables? my pioneer 105 used to write at 4x but now i always get"power callibration error" message and refuses to write, i used different types of media but still same, wondered if theres an answer out there??? puzzled george.

2. branchini

branchini Member

3. projem

projem Member

this message would occur when my laser lens became dirty. A06 would only take 15 mins to open up and clean with cotton bud damp with meths.(v v gently).Disc lens cleaners wouldnt make any difference but this worked. Sounds drastic but was about to bin it. Good luck

4. jdnC

jdnC Member

I write DVD+R 's with Nero express using an NEC ND-1000A. (Win98se) Occasionally, seemingly at random, I get a failure due to "power calibration error". When this happens I exit the burn window, back to the "burn same project again" option. I select to burn same project again and second time round it always works with no error. Also, the DVD+R is not spoilt by the first abortive attempt. I just put up with it.

5. Nukid

Nukid Guest

thanx guys, i will give your options a whirl.

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It helps also to copy at the same speed as the other disc was burnt if you are copying directly.

7. reydav

reydav Guest

I had the same error on my 105 after about six month of use. I switched the 105 with a 106 in different machines and the 106 ran fine and the 105 gave the same error until I turned off ME and switched to XP pro and the 105 worked with that 4x media.

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

In a lot of cases, 'power calibration error' = toasted drive so make sure to check it out asap.

9. Nukid

Nukid Guest

tried changing from win.2000 to xp pro, still same, so i bought 106, works fine, but 105 still not writex4, so just usin it as reader and writer for 2x dvd and cd,s. que sera.....

10. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Changing an OS wont overcome a hardware failure :p