1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power cord?...Monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Hardball, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

Hello, I have two questions and I hope that someone can be of assistance. I have received a power Mac G5 from a friend who has upgraded to the Mac pro. I have received the Power Mac G5 without a monitor or a AC power cable to power on the Mac. The Mac G5 uses a three prong AC power connector to power on the Computer. Because I am missing the AC power cord would it be safe to use an alternative 3 prong AC power cord to power the computer? As for my second question. Are Apple computers compatible with any other 3rd party Hardware such as a monitor? The power Mac uses a DVI to DVI connection but, I did not receive an Apple monitor when the Power Mac G5 was given to me. This is my first experience with an apple computer and I am unsure if its a risk or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advanced.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if your pc power cable fits into the power mac then can use it. can use other monitors as a customer of mine when using macs had a standard monitor on it.

3. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

Thanks a lot ddp I have checked and everything seems to work well. Your help was appreciated.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.