1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power DVD ultra

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by silentjay, Dec 31, 2007.

1. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

I've got an ATI x1950 Pro (very good card - near the best consumer card out there). It's not the card. LIke I said, Nero Showtime plays flawlessly. There are threads on AfterDawn.com of people having the same problems with PowerDVD and replies that only certain versions worked for them. Anyway, whatever works, use it.

2. JonathanF

JonathanF Member

Hi, I am having problems playing BluRays with Power DVD the particular titles are 28 weeks later (region B) and Fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer (region A) If I use an early version of Power DVD they stutter then fail with a "Buffer Error" and with the later versions I get an "80020 something" error and the disc will not play at all. I have tried Nero with the Plugins and that is choppy on one and the other tells me to upgrade my hardware. I am using a quad core with 4gb 8800gtx so I guess should not have these problems. Can anybody shed any light on the matter? I have also tried ripping the discs and running them as media files both choppy then power dvd shuts down and ripping them and mounting as ISO with Daemon and have the same problems as the original disc. Help

3. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Certain movies are just plain problematic. Some users report using earlier versions of PowerDVD play Blu-Rays more smoothly while others report it the other way around... it's really up to you to try out what works best.

Don't bother mounting them as that just make it's it even worse, PowerDVD doesn't work well with images, that goes for any video files.

4. JonathanF

JonathanF Member

Any idea where I can find earlier versions to try please?

5. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Try torrent websites...

Torrentscan.com is a good search engine.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  6. JonathanF

JonathanF Member

Cheers Amir, Found 7.3.3319a and that works a treat. Plays everything that I have thrown at it including "the Simpsons" which I know is BD+