1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power/eject button issue?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by x-static, Aug 29, 2004.

1. x-static

x-static Member

I just had a DMS3 professionally installed in my V7 ps2, and now the power and eject buttons are really flukey. Sometimes they work properly, sometimes the power and eject buttons do both functions at the same time (reset and open tray), and sometimes they simply swap functions (power ejects, eject resets)...

is this a problem with the chip installation (soldlering points or something), or is it a problem with the actual buttons/ribbon cable (that i can fix myself)????

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

This could be either of the two things you mentioned, since you had it installed proffesionaly the easiest thing to do is probably to take it back and get them to fix it, but if you don't want to do that you could open up the ps2 and check the ribbon cable to see if it's been stripped at all or if the sodder job looks messy.

3. x-static

x-static Member

is it more likely to be the ribbon cable i hope?

4. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I'd be guessing it's most likely the ribbon cable because the odds of the guy installing your mod chip somehow short circuiting the eject button and power button through soldering is pretty slim, but you never know.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

5. x-static

x-static Member

that's what i figured too, thanks for the info, looks like i'll be ripping into my ps2 again shortly... if the cable is damaged, can you buy replacement ribbon cables alone?